It's Finals time and we are excited!
The Devils host a preliminary final on Saturday 17th of September at 1pm. A massive game of footy as we take on the Sunshine Coast Falcons to earn a Grand Final Appearance at Moreton Daily Stadium.
$10 Entry / Concessions $5 / Kids free!
Preliminary Finals 'stats pack" with all the number you need to know for this weekend's game, courtesy of Brad Tallon.
Head-to-head: Norths Devils 12, Sunshine Coast Falcons 10, drawn 1
Head-to-head finals: First Match
Hashtags: #HostplusCup #BEARSvDEVILS
Broadcast: This game can be viewed via Fox League and Kayo
- Last year's defending premiers Norths Devils host the Sunshine Coast Falcons this Saturday after having last weekend off where they could sit back and watch as the Falcons claimed a dramatic extra-time win against Tweed Seagulls
- The Devils defeated the Burleigh Bears 20-19 in a thriller in the opening weekend of finals to earn their weekend off, while the Falcons fought back after trailing 24-0 in the early stages of their match to break the hearts of the Seagulls
- While the match is being played at Bishop Park this week, the ground won't hold any scars for the visiting Falcons who claimed a 26-18 win there when these two sides last met in Round 10
- However, Norths are in good form, having won their past five games
- They have also won their past four finals. Overall, the Devils have played 36 finals, winning 13 and losing 13
- The Falcons have played in 17 finals, winning nine and losing eight
- This will be an evenly matched game, with the Sunshine Coast also in good form, having won five of their past six games
- They have also one four of the past five, and seven of the past nine, games between these two sides, including three of the past four at Bishop Park
- The Devils have won their past three games at home, while the Falcons have also won their past two away games
- Norths skipper Jack Ahearn - who has been named at fullback this week with Newcastle Knight bound Tyson Gamble named as halfback - requires one more point to register 200 in the Cup