Employee Type: Casual Position
The Norths Devils RLFC are looking for dedicated individuals who are passionate about making a difference and know their value in a team. If you have the skills, commitment, and love for Rugby League, this is your chance to shine!
Our celebrated pathways programs participate in the highly competitive Queensland Statewide competitions and feed into the National Rugby League. At the Norths Devils, we pride ourselves on providing our team with the best.
Your Role as a Sports Trainer
As a Level 1 or Level 2 Sports Trainer at the Norths Devils, you will have the critical role of ensuring the well-being and performance of our athletes.
Your responsibilities include:
1. First Aid and Injury Treatment: You will be the go-to person for first aid and injury treatment during training sessions and games, ensuring the safety and health of our players.
2. Player Strapping: Before training and games, you’ll help strap players to prevent injuries and provide stability, a crucial part of their preparation.
3. In-Game Monitoring: During matches, your keen eye will be essential in spotting potential injuries and providing immediate treatment.
4. Injury Documentation: You will assess, record, and document players’ injuries that occur during training or games, contributing to their recovery process.
Expectations and Qualifications
To excel in this role, we expect you to:
- Attend training sessions and game days, following the schedule set by the Head Coach.
- Assess injured players during games and administer initial treatment.
- Assist in player preparation, including strapping and first aid before training and game day warm-ups.
- Contribute to player hydration and provide first aid treatment on match days.
You should have a minimum of FAO Level 1 qualification, with FAO Level 2 preferred. A Working with Children Check is compulsory for this role. Additionally, we expect you to embody the following standards of behaviour and responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive team-first attitude, even in challenging circumstances.
- Communicate effectively with both players and staff.
- Demonstrate strong organisational and time management skills.
- Thrive in a team-oriented and multitasking environment.
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
Your Journey with Us
At Norths Devils RLFC, we are dedicated to enhancing the skills of our staff just as we do with our players. As a Devil, you become part of our family, and we are here to support you throughout your journey. To achieve this, we hold communication sessions with the Head Coach and Football Operations Manager. During these sessions, everyone can provide constructive feedback to optimise processes and improve your contribution to the team’s success.
How to Apply
If you’re ready to be part of the Norths Devils RLFC and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our athletes, we encourage you to apply!
Register your interest below:
The Norths Devils – The desire of many, an honour for the chosen.