The draw for Norths’ 90th anniversary season has been released with the Devils to break new ground with the club’s inaugural women’s BMD Premiership team and a host of major clashes featuring the Hostplus Cup premiers.
The Devils will play in six competitions this year: Hostplus Cup; BMD Premiership; Hastings Deering Colts Under 21s; Harvey Norman girls’ Under 19s; Mal Meninga Cup Under 18s; and Cyril Connell Challenge Under 16s.
The highlights of the draw, which can be found at https://northsdevilsrlfc.com/draw/ include:
- The debut game for the BMD Premiership team on March 11 as part of a bumper day at Bishop Park when five of the six teams play against the Burleigh Bears (the Colts competition starts on April 22);
- A Hostplus grand final rematch with the Redcliffe Dolphins at Bishop Park on March 19;
- A total of 10 home Hostplus Cup matches against rivals including 2022 preliminary finalists Sunshine Coast, Townsville Blackhawks, PNG Hunters and Tweed Seagulls;
- The Devils’ match against new team Western Clydesdales in Toowoomba on August 5;
- A Country Week clash with Wynnum Manly Seagulls (venue to be determined);
- Three home BMD premiership matches wrapping up with the final regular season match on April 29;
- Three matches to start the competitive season at home on February 18 featuring the girls’ Under 19s and boys’ Under 18s and Under 16s.
“This is a very exciting year for the Devils with our 90th anniversary season and the launch of our BMD Premiership team,” Devils CEO Troy Rovelli said.
“March 11 will be an exciting day in the club’s history as we feature five teams at home including the inaugural BMD premiership match.
“The draw is an excellent offering for our Devils fans across all six teams.
“Our Hostplus Cup team will play 14 of its 20 matches at home or in the greater Brisbane area so our supporters will have excellent access to watch games.”
The Hostplus Cup will feature 20 rounds this year while the BMD Premiership has seven matches in a competition including four Brisbane-based teams along with Burleigh, Tweed, Capras and Mackay Cutters.