An opening home match with the Redcliffe Dolphins will mark a return to football at Bishop Park as the Norths Devils begin their 2021 Intrust Super Cup campaign.
The draw for the competition was revealed today, with the Dolphins clash on Sunday March 28 marking the Devils’ first competitive appearance at the ground since the end of the 2019 season.
COVID-19 wiped out all of last season with the exception of the Devils’ round one win over the Cutters in Mackay nine months ago.
The new draw includes the following changes from the last Intrust Super Cup season:
Nineteen matches before the finals, a reduction from previous years with byes positioned at key moments in the season
- A split of nine home games and ten away games
- The extension of XXXX Rivalry Round to two weeks – giving the Devils home and away matches against our 1980 grand final opponents Souths Logan in rounds 4 and 13
- The BHP Indigenous Round split across two weeks, with the Devils to host Sunshine Coast Falcons on Sunday 23 May
- A Country Week visit to north Queensland to play Mackay in Round 14
- A final round home match against CQ Capras, coinciding with Old Boys’ Day.
“After all we’ve been through this year, it’s exciting to have a draw for a new season of football,” Devils CEO Troy Rovelli said.
“We’ll open the season on Saturday 20 March with an away clash with the Tigers before we return home to play the Dolphins.
“We know how much anticipation there is for the new season given the fact we couldn’t play at home in 2020 so we can’t wait.”