This position has been filled. We thank all who expressed interest in working at the Devils.
About Norths Devils
At Norths Devils, we’re extremely proud of what we do and the impact we have on players, fans, stakeholders, communities and all involved. To us, it is so much more than just a game of Footy.
We’re after someone who is passionate about the work they do as we are about our footy, and comfortable working within a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Trust us when we say that no two days are ever the same!
If you can commit to and live with the following principles, then you are the type of person who will be successful and help our club thrive.
- See it, own it, solve it, do it.
- Become part of the solution. Act now.
- Respect for others.
- Ask questions, what else can I do.
- Personal ownership and pride. Reject average.
We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated and reliable Wellbeing and Education Coordinator. This position is part of a diverse team responsible for the operational day to day delivery for the Norths Devils Rugby League Club. The role will be part-time and consist of 20 hours per week.
This role will support and deliver a range of services as follows:
- Ensure all QRL approved education presentations are delivered to the players
- Work with junior representative squads to ensure Career-wise objectives are promoted and supported
- Attendance QRL Welfare and Education Managers’ meetings throughout the year
- Assist in delivering our in-school wellbeing program “Belong”
- Provide quality well-being services to all players and staff at the club
- Be comfortable talking to players of all ages
- Build relationships and engage with mental health and wellbeing services
- Liaise closely with other QLD based Welfare and Education staff to ensure programs and resources are up to standard
Key Role Relationships:
- Internal – CEO, Head Coach, Football Operations Manager, Commercial Manager, Administration Coordinator, Norths Devils players & team staff
- External – QRL, sponsors, support services
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role desired but not essential.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Working with Children (Blue Card)
- Certificate IV in Elite Athlete Wellbeing or working towards in 2021
- Vehicle and valid Open Class Drivers Licence
- Well organised with good people management skills, self-starter
- An eye for detail and a sense of urgency
- A true passion for wanting to make a difference in people’s lives.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Employee benefits and entitlements
- Norths Devils is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for this role all candidates should have non-restricted Australian working rights and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates may also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen.
To Express your Interest: please address an email to Troy Rovelli at email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday, 22 December 2020 with your interest in the role, qualifications, experience, and why you are suited to the role.